Cooking Chinese Food - Group Cooking Recipes
Cooking Chinese Food
- Food commonly associated with North American Chinese, such as lo mein, fortune cookies, sesame chicken, and so on; Food native to or commonly found in China
- Chinese cuisine is any of several styles of food originating in the regions of China, some of which have become highly popular in other parts of the world — from Asia to the Americas, Australia, Western Europe and Southern Africa.
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- The practice or skill of preparing food
Learning to cook Chinese food
While I was living i Dalian I was always looking for opportuniites to practise my Chinese.
This is harder than it sounds, because as a foreigner, almost everyone you meet wants to speak to you in English. When you arrive the first friends you make are people who speak English, and so it can be quite difficult to meet people who are happy to speak to you in Chinese for any period of time.
On solution I found to this problem was to pay people to be my friend..... No, not really.... I decided to take lessons from people who I knew could not speak any English. The idea being that i would have to learn Chinese in order to communicate with them during my weekly lesson.
The two things I chose to learn was a) drumming, and b) Chinese cooking.
I asked Chai Li Wei, the chef of the university staff restaurant, and he was happy to teach me once a week after closing the restaurant.
Over the course of these lessons we became quite good friends, and struggling to communicate during the lessons really did help me learn Chinese.
Nowadays I reguarly impress other Chinese speaking friends with my knowledge of Chinese vegetables and ability to read menus.... A skill that is very important in China.
Learning to cook . . . Chinese Food.
This spicy tofu and pork dish goes great over rice!!
I've made this a few times since my hubby just loves it and it is REALLY easy to make.
barbie cooking games in english
cooking projects for children
pressure cooking books
cooking game 2011
play real cooking games
vodka substitute in cooking
cooking oil coupon
diabetic cooking guide
disney cooking games